I would like to thank the Academy...
But Jen, thank you. So here is the lowdown. The Honest Scrap” award is one you receive and then bestow on others.
First, the recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows. (Good luck with that...since we are all so secretive and shy.)
Second, the recipient annoints ten other bloggers with this prestigious award and advises them of their famed status. They in turn give you a proper nod for recognizing their brilliance, and then pass the award along.
To get this party started, here are ten magical things you just couldn't wait to know:
1. I love to bake and the people in my office pine for any and all of my baked goods. Seriously. I get requests from people for their birthdays. But I love it. I will be the first to tell you if something I made needs work or is a-ma-zing.
2. I despise meatloaf. It looks like a slice of meat bread. No further comment needed nor can I think of one redeemable thing about this dish. Perhaps it has nutrients. I wouldn't know. I used to call it nucleur waste and carry on every time my Mom made it. Oh, I could have been your daughter but she was the lotto winner.
3. I was a competitive dancer in my youth.
4. I sang "Heat of the Moment" on stage with Asia in front of 15,000 fans (theirs..not mine). It was fan-f'ing-tastic. Rockstar status if only for one night. No, not back up. Lead mic.
5. I miss my dog, Nixon. Terribly. I saw a boxer at the park last weekend. I was running by and when I saw that familiar back-end shake boxers all seem to do, it made me cry. She passed years ago but it might as well have been last night for how sensitive I still am about her.
6. I used to know all the words the song "Life is Too Short." As in every word verbatim. CLASSY. I know. And I say "used to" in order to make it appear less wretched.
7. I went to a private party at Edinburgh Castle. I pinched myself it was that good. Had picture texts been all the rage then, OH what fun that would have been. Ummm..on second thought, perhaps everything need not be photographed. BUT, I would have been in the bathroom at least once that night for 20 mins sending messages at lightening speed.
8. I was a Rhodes Scholar nominee. Did not reveal # 6.
9. I auditioned for The Apprentice. Did not reveal #6 then either.
10. I still keep a mental "Top Five" list of hot men I would
Now, selecting others to win the award is easy, and its hard. Easy because there are so many thought-provoking bloggers who make me laugh, think, and sometimes even cry. And it is hard because you have to pick a narrow list and there are more great bloggers than ten.
And I want to thank SamsMama and Jen's Rantings and B. at La Belle (see above) for giving me MORE awards this past week including this awesome block for my blog. You all rock me like a hurricane.
How to choose? I employed a very scientific method of selection. My variables? I will never tell. With each award you win, you get to give away between 7 - 15 more awards. So, with about 47 to dish out, I am giving both Honest Scrap and the first round of Best Blog Awards today. Winners, do with them what you will.
A diverse selection whom I enjoy visiting thoroughly, and hope you will too. There are more than 10 here but consider it me still talking even though the orchestra started playing. And there is fine print on the awards themselves that I may couple them and distribute as necessary. Oh, there's no fine print? There is now. Lawyers find loopholes.
And the prize(s) go to:
Lisa and Laura Write: sass in sisterhood meets mad writing skills
La Belle Mere UK: hysterical writing meets tales of a StepMom
Dustjacket Attic: style meets art through gorgeous photographs (I think she will do an incredibly interesting take on the 10 things to share.)
Mean Girl Garage: brilliance meets comedy
Mo Mad Dog Stoneskin: razorlike wit meets honest takes on life
Mandy Life After 30: fun meets humor meets the great girl next door
The Walking Man: genuine meets creativity meets poetry
The Triplet Crown: pure heart meets triplets
Mom in High Heels: fab meets more fab
The Bad Ass Geek: smart meets interesting
The Peach Tart: brains meets bold
Shall we celebrate? By all means. Name the place. I will bring the cocktails. And for the remaining awards I get to bequeath? More annointing, on its way.