And while you are concerned about the volume of carbs each 12 oz beer comes with, let me share a few little known facts about your barley and hops concoction: Beer not only contains B6, but beers containing hops and malt are also a source of antioxidants. So see, it not only makes you look better on the outside (to other people consuming same said beverage) it may just be making you look better on the inside.
Let me share a little list I compiled. For the next time you are seeking a cold tasty, give one (or more) of these a chance. And with 4th of July just days away, I know I will be sipping one of these for sure after the Peachtree Road Race. And since you may either host or attend a cook out or two, by all means, these are always a welcome guest.
Just a note: I am not man enough to drink dark smoky beers. You will find no stouts, barleywines, or malt liquors on my list. These are meant to refresh you my friend, not weigh you down or cause you to do bad things.
1. Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. (Thanks to my little brother and that fabulous bar in Boston. This is my all-time favorite. Now faithfully served on Delta Airlines. Love it.)
2. Sam Adams White Ale. It is seasonal so you better get it while its hot.
3. Blue Moon (Belgian style white beer made by Molson and a former World Championship of Beer medalist.)
4. Honeymoon (From the makers of Blue Moon. It is a summer pale wheat ale.)
5. Hoegaarden (Belgian style white beer.)
6. Sweetwater Hummer (Made in Atlanta. Boosting that local economy. And you know you did giggle a little bit over the name. Admit it. )
7. Rising Moon. (From the makers of Blue Moon as well. Great wheat beer with a mild twist of Kaffir lime.)
8. Shock Top (Belgian style white ale with hint of orange. Made by Anheuser-Busch.) Serve with a slice of orange. MMMMM.