Something warm, delicious, filling, and super easy to make? Look no further. I love these for family breakfast as much as I love them for brunches when we have people over. My favorite Chef, Giada, shared this on one of her shows. Buon Apetito!
Linguine and Proscuitto Mini Frittatas
- 1/2 pound linguine pasta
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk ( I use 2%)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 6 ounces diced prosciutto
- 5 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, diced (1 cup diced)
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- And you need a 12 cup muffin tin
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander. While the pasta is still in the colander, use kitchen sheers to cut the linguine into smaller pieces. The pasta should measure about 3 cups.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the muffin tin.
In a blender combine the eggs, milk, cream, and mascarpone cheese. Blend until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the cut pasta, prosciutto, mozzarella cheese, Asiago cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir until the ingredients are combined.