I know you might not believe what you are seeing. Or maybe you do. This is 15-year- old Regina Mayer and her cow, Luna. Regina initially asked her parents for a horse. They said, “No.” Regina literally looked in her own back yard and opted to train Luna to become her riding (and jumping) mate.
There are so many things I like about this situation.
1. Instead of being a pissy pants pouty-face teenage girl (those exist, right?) she decided to be resourceful.
2. Instead of lamenting that “all of the OTHER teenage girls in Laufen, Germany have a horse, why don’t I?!?!?!?!”, she chose to be creative.
3. She spent hours and hours of training to teach Luna (and apparently, she also utilized “tons of treats” and of course, lots of love.
4. I just discovered an old cow CAN learn new tricks.
5. And most importantly, MY WORD, teenage girls are crafty. You have to be completely explicit with them when telling them NO!
Bravo Regina. I like your moxie and your style. And you remind me of another spunky girl (or two, or three, or dozens) who don't simply take "No" for an answer.