Chocolate Pumpkin Marbled Brownies
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (you can also use 3 oz room temp cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon room temp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 10 T butter, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with parchment or foil, extending over the edges of the pan. Spray w/ nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl blend greek yogurt OR cream cheese with 1 T butter in your mixer or w/ hand blender for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Beat until combined. Add 1 egg, the pumpkin, 1 t. vanilla, the ginger and cinnamon until combined. Add 1 T flour. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl stir together the 1 and 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, salt.
4. In a large saucepan combine the chocolate and 3/4 cup butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Gradually add the 2 and 1/4 cups sugar beating with an electric mixer on low speed just until combined. Add the 4 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and 2 t. vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined.
5. Spread chocolate mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Spoon pumpkin base mixture in several mounds on top of the chocolate batter. Using a knife or narrow spatula, gently swirl into chocolate batter.
6. Bake about 60 minutes or until center is just set when pan is gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut into brownies.