It is cold out. You deserve a treat for enduring all this weather, right? And maybe your a little bit hungry for trouble. I have some sitting on this plate, just for you. My excuse is that they just look so pretty, and once I make them, they are too good to resist. Chocolate makes everyone happier...so dig in. Another great idea from Martha. Couldn't be easier and ready in minutes. From my kitchen to yours, enjoy every bite.
Grilled Chocolate Sandwiches (serves four...or two..or maybe just you.)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 large slices challah or Italian Bread, (cut 3/4 inch thick)
- 4 ounces thin semisweet chocolate bar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a large, shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk; set aside.
- Form two sandwiches with the bread and chocolate (break chocolate as necessary to cover bread without extending over edges); dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture to coat.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; transfer sandwiches to skillet. Cook, pressing occasionally with a spatula, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Cut in half, and dust with confectioners'; sugar before serving.