Welcome to Awards Sunday.
I appreciate every reader and am so appreciative of the Blog Awards. Thank you for giving me some big blog love. I am a touch behind on Awards posting so today is part I of the Awards Bash. Part II is next Sunday. Here is my dress. Do you like?
Just kidding...I am wearing that next weekend to a holiday bash. This is my frock of choice. Oh, its pretty.
Shall we fetch something good to drink and get down to business? Let us recognize some great people who have donned my mantle with some new awards:
JadeLD gave me my own I Give Good Blog Award. I hope you always think so.
Leigh at Leigh vs. Laundry gave me a Trifecta: Thank you for the My Friends Award, the BadAss Blogger Award, and also the debut of your own most gorgeous award, the Remarkable Reader Award.
Big thanks to Kys, Jenni at Sincerely,Jenni, April at CrazyLittleThingCalledLife and Tami at Hearts Make Families for the Best Blog Award. I appreciate all of you thinking of me.
VodkaLogic shared the Dragon Loyalty Award with me. Right back at you VL! And Sharon at Bookish Blonde gave me the Premium Meme Award. With this comes 5 things I love in 5 categories. Thank you Sharon.
And much love to Holly And Charisse and Life Laugh Latte for the Lafaunda Award and the HotShot Award. Nicole at YoungMamaBlog, thank you for the Honest Scrap Award which comes with ten things you don't know about me. And beautiful Liz at But then I had kids gave me the Zombie Chicken Award. I am feeling very Zen! Much appreciation Tami G at Everyday in Gray for the Over the Top Award. Beautiful. And Savage, I love the You're a Great Read Award. Thank you both very much.
To combine elements, I am going to do all of the category awards into one Honest Scrap. And here are Ten Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. My favorite candy bar: Vosges Goji Berry. Heaven. Vosges Haute Chocolat...thank me later for introducing you.
2. Last concert: Ray Lamontagne Acoustic at Fox Theater in Atlanta. In-cred-i-ble.
3. First car: '67 Mustang (well, actually it was a "tricked out" yellow and black Baja VW my Father gave me but that's a bratty story and I didn't drive it long.)
4. Last meal: At a gorgeous new restaurant in Atlanta called 4th and Swift last night.
5. Favorite holiday song: Sinead O'Connor's version of Silent Night.
6. I was once asked to address a friend's wedding invitations. She likes my handwriting so I said, Of course. There seemed to be hundreds of invitations and I apparently needed a break when after handing her a huge stack she brought one back to me. The one for my parents. In which, in over-zealous interest in getting them all done in one day, I had misspelled BOTH of my parents names on their invite. Nice.
7. I didn't learn to really cook until several years after I was out of graduate school.
8. The first time I ever went fishing was off the coast of Alaska. I don't truly enjoy fishing but the experience was incredible.
9. Seeing people suffering at the holidays (or anytime of year) is heartbreaking to me. Give give give to charity!
10. I love music and have over 2100 songs on my iPod. Everything from Italian opera to The Ramones.
Now, before I go further, I want you to go and visit these blogs above. Diverse, interesting, and able to keep you from getting other things done. And I am giving each of them the Remarkable Reader Award I got from Leigh. So: Jade LD, April, Tami, Tami, VodkaLogic, Jenni, Kys, Sharon, Holly & Charisse, Nicole, Liz, and Savage: Enjoy.
This by no means excludes so many other great bloggers I know. Thank you all for the awards, the comments, and for reading. Part II coming soon.