First things first....a big congratulations to The Badass Geek who is my virtual lunch date. Thank you all for your wonderful comments and genuine excitement for me and the great news from last Monday. I will be sending Michael a $20 gift card for a dine out experience at a restaurant he picks. Michael, email me your pick and your address.
And for a little more blog love, this time to Tidy Mom for this recipe that made my mouth water.
Take A Bite of: White Bean Chicken Chili
The recipe and photo are from her site. I am making this tomorrow! A perfect soup for autumn and a great alternative to red chili. Mmmmmm. Buon Appetito! Have a great Saturday.
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons veg oil
- 1 large onion,chopped (optional)
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped (I use the minced in the jar)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon taragon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (if you don't want it as HOT use 1/4)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans)
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 3-ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
Heat your oil in a dutch oven over medium heat, add onion, garlic, and spices. Saute for about 5 minutes. While that is sauteing, season cut chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Saute for an additional 5 minutes.
Drain beans. Reserve 1/2 cup of bean liquid.
Add beans, chicken broth, chilies, cream and reserved bean liquid to pot.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, then cook on low for about 30 mins.
Serve in bowl and top with cheese! (This can be prepared a day ahead - it's even better the second day!) You may want to double the recipe as the above makes five servings. Yummmmmm.